How We Are Fighting COVID-19 at Bavarian Bierhaus
The Bavarian Bierhaus adheres to guidelines set by the CDC and the state of Tennessee in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to access Tennessee's Restaurant Reopening Guidelines.
We at the Bavarian Bierhaus place our guests' safety as our highest priority. That's why we consistently uphold detailed cleanliness practices throughout all our operations.
For example, we purposefully chose against installing carpet because, although it is the less expensive option, it is impossible to sanitize thoroughly. Furthermore, we fully mop all our floors each night with a bleach solution. Even more, to protect against contagious diseases, we clean our menus after each use with an ammonia solution and use a Steramine quaternary solution when washing our tables after each group. Additionally, meticulous methods such as these, which we have executed daily since our beginning, earned us a longstanding reputation of having the cleanest restrooms in the area!
However, in response to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, we want to take extra precautions to keep you and our staff safe. Therefore, we are now implementing these changes into our daily operations:
- We are operating on a "multi-team" system, in which we have grouped our employees into set teams and assigned them to only work with those same coworkers. No two teams will be allowed inside the building at the same time. This keeps members of each team separated, thus allowing us to effectively block and contain any contamination-risk between groups.
- Signs detailing CDC and Tennessee State Guidelines are posted throughout our restaurant.
- Implement CDC and Tennessee State Restaurant COVID-19 Reopening safety guidelines (link above).
- Require that guests and employees wear masks.
- Check employees' temperatures before each shift.
- Limiting table parties to six people / table.
- All tables will be seated six-feet apart.
- We partnered with our food safety specialists to ensure that we have the best chemicals and tools to protect against COVID-19.
- Present each table's cutlery and napkins in a clean, fresh mug.
- Sanitize all doorknobs and panels consistently throughout the day.
- Suspend any team member that displays any signs of illness, both related to and unrelated to COVID-19 symptoms, until a doctor states it is safe for their return to the workplace.
The Bavarian Bierhaus has long sought to be your European vacation destination without the hassle of traveling overseas. Now more than ever, we want for us to be your international destination right here at home. So rest assured that while it was always the case that you could not get Corona beer at the Bavarian Bierhaus, we are doing everything possible so that you can't get other kinds of Corona too.
We thank you for your support, and we will continue to keep you informed as we take additional actions.